Filipinos‘ all time favorite is Dried Fish. Daing in Filipino, Bulad in Visayan. 🙂 Before, I hate eating dried fish. I hate it extreme salty taste until my mom tried this dish and I did my own version/ This made me want some dried fish at home. If you want a new way to cook your dried fish, you can try this one. 🙂
Dried Fish ( I prefer this type of dried fish. I don’t know how it is called, let me get back to you when I know it already. You can have 2-3 of it good for 4-6 persons. )
3 tbsp of brown sugar
- Preheat pan. When heated, placed butter (half tablespoon) or cooking oil, 11/2 tablespoon.
- When you think the cooking oil/butter (after melted) is heated, brisk some drops of water to know. When it sounded, after it sounded you can now saute.
- Saute all spices, minced onions, garlic and sliced tomatoes. (You can add bell peppers, and other spices)
- In a cup, mixed the sugar with hot water, enough to dissolve the powder.
- When the spices are already golden brown, pour down the sugar mixture.
- When it is starting to boil, put the dried fish.
- Make sure to mix it well so as not to burn the spices. Keep mixing in a low heat.
- Add the powdered pepper, then some seasonings (monosodium glutamate) but just a few. (We will not use any salt because the fish is already salty.)
- Then garnish it with tomatoes on top and served while hot.
This dish made me eat more than the usual. I hope you’ll try it. Make the best out of Dried Fishes. :))